Our discussion will focus on a variety of matters impacting International Schools that offer a school bus service including:
- Longer-term impact on transportation procedures and operations due to Covid
- Utilisation of technology to enhance processes and improve efficiency such as record keeping, communication, dynamic route planning
- Mitigation of school liability to the risks inherent in school transportation
Participants will take away an understanding of:
- Key concerns facing school transportation services
- Who is responsible for government/health administrators’ guidance and regulations and what are the potential liabilities for failing to do so?
- The potential to use technology to mitigate operational risks, improve operating efficiencies and record keeping
- Improved standards for school transportation operations which will carry forward into the post pandemic world
- Moral vs legal responsibilities of schools when performing due diligence with respect to school transport operations
Our panellists for this discussion include:
Matthew Daus - Transportation Technology Chair at the Transportation Research Center of The City College of New York and President of the International Association of Transportation Regulators (IATR).
Matthew W. Daus, Esq. currently serves as Transportation Technology Chair at the City University of New York’s (CUNY) Transportation Research Center of The City College of New York, where he conducts research, and continues to be extensively published as an expert on ground transportation regulation and technology.
As a CUNY Distinguished Lecturer for the past 9 years, he taught courses on transportation history, policy, sustainability, for-hire regulation and technology. Mr. Daus also continues to serve for the past 10 years as President of the International Association of Transportation Regulators (IATR), a non-profit educational and advocacy peer group of government transportation regulators from around the world promoting best regulatory and innovative practice. Commissioner Daus is the longest serving Chairman of the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC), serving for 8 ½ years.
Prior to his tenure as Commissioner, Mr. Daus served in executive and other positions in NYC government for almost 20 years at several agencies including as General Counsel to the TLC and the NYC Community Development Agency, as Special Counsel to the TLC and NYC Trade Waste Commission, as a NYC Human Rights Prosecutor, and as Commissioner of the NYC Civil Service Commission. Mr. Daus is a partner and currently chairs the Transportation Practice Group at Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP
International School Transportation expert Linda Howard – Managing Director and Senior Consultant, School Transport Management
Linda has vast expertise from working with International Schools around the world to help them provide safe home to school transportation. Linda is the Managing Director & Senior Consultant at School Transport Management International.
- Through School Transport Management International, Linda provides consultancy to schools and consortiums.
- Areas of expertise include safety and process auditing, implementing new services, network review, structure, and compliance reviews.
- Linda is passionate about improving safety and quality services for the transportation of students.
- She has worked 20 years in school transport, specializing in best practise and policy implementation, strategic planning, network reviews and safety audits.
- Linda has worked for international and independent schools across South East Asia, the MENA region and Europe.
Linda is also the Moderator of the Transportation Forum on The School Collaborative.
To participate in this event please register HERE
Sponsors of The School Collaborative: